Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In The Mood for a Shopping Trip?

Sometimes, I just want to go shopping.  I believe this is a girl thing, but you can tell me if I am wrong.  I just love to go and look at all of the new things and buy things that would be nice to have at home.  I may not NEED them, but sometimes it is nice to have things that will make it a little easier at home.  How do I deal with this WANT to shop?

I have found that if I really am in a buying mood or if I actually need something, if I work my way up to the retail stores, I usually don't really need to go there.

Tip 1
If at all possible, go to garage sales.  You may have to go to 10 sales in order to find  what you need or want, but I guarantee that you will not spend as much and you may get out spending $20 versus the $200 you could spend in a retail store.

Tip 2
Second hand/thrift stores.  Second hand stores can be wonderful.  They will usually be priced a little higher than the garage sales, so my preference is tip 1, but if I can't find what I need, sometimes I can find it at a thrift store.  Chances are, if I am just in the mood to shop, this is as far as it goes and I am out the door a little tired of shopping and have no need to go on, but there are some things you can not get at a garage sale or thrift store.

Tip 3
Dollar stores.  I am not talking about every dollar store, but the stores in which everything costs a dollar.  If you have one in your area, these are wonderful!  I could go to a retail store and spend $50 on what I can get at a dollar store for less than $10 most of the time.

Tip 4
The best tip of all that I can give you is to try and anticipate needs ahead of time.  This can give you the chance to visit more sales and thrift stores.  It eliminates the need for finding an item right away and shop around.  When we wait until the last minute, that leaves us needing to go to those retail shops to get what we really need.  If you must go retail, make sure you check clearance items.  You would be surprised at what you can find!

Share with me your tips on what to do.  I love to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment