Friday, March 9, 2012

Homemade fabric softener

Well, I have talked about the homemade fabric softener in different posts, but finally got to try it and actually use it.  You can find the recipe I based mine on in this blog.  http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/homemade-fabric-softener-finally.html

The only thing I did differently is cut the recipe in half.  Below are the ingredients for my half recipe.

3 cups water
1 1/2 cups vinegar
1 cup hair conditioner

The conditioner that I used had a strong cherry scent that I love.  I was nervous that the vinegar would out do the cherry scent, but I was wrong.  The cherry ended up being the dominant scent in the mixture. This is a good thing.  I took some cheap sponges and cut them in half and threw them into the mixture to soak it up.  They sat in there a few days before I was able to  use them.

When it was time to dry a load of laundry, I lightly rung the sponges out and threw them in with the load in the dryer.  It worked!  The clothes were slightly cherry scented and soft with no static.

This was very cheap to make.  You can also water it down and use it as a wrinkle releaser.  The cherry scent wasn't very strong, but the clothes still did smell clean.

Let me know your thoughts on this.  I love it and this is another commercial product that I can make at home and save tons of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment