Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Save on Popcorn!

Ok, so I tried something else today and wanted to share with everyone.  I got the idea from one of the many blogs I have been reading lately on saving money.  Our family goes through a lot of microwave popcorn and the cost is pretty high considering what you get.  I also don't like the imitation butter flavor that you get and the crazy amount of salt.

Well, here is what I did..

Took half a cup of old fashioned popcorn kernels and poured it into a paper lunch bag.  That's it, nothing else goes in.  I folded the bag over a couple of times and placed it upright (opening at the top) into the microwave for just over two and a half minutes.  I stopped it as soon as the popping slowed down and there it was...beautiful, mouth watering popcorn.  I poured a little real butter and sprinkled some salt.  It tasted just like the popcorn we made before the invention of microwave popcorn and it was all natural.  Jes liked it too!  I encourage you to try because it is really yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment